Smt. Varsha Bhave.
Smt. Varsha Bhave
Founder, Director, Trustee – Smt. Varsha Bhave.
View detailed biodata in English
Varsha Bhave inherited musical legacy from her grandmother, the renowned vocalist Smt. Indirabai Khadilkar and great grandfather Natyacharya Kakasaheb Khadilkar. She received her preliminary training in music from revered Gurus like Shri. Manohar Potdar, Shri. Shende and Shri. Chintubuva Mhaiskar. She was then trained for 16 years under the able guidance of Pt. Neelkanthbuva Abhyankar. She has also received guidance in natyasangeet from Smt. Jayamala Shiledar and Smt. Kirti Shiledar alongwith guru Shri. Bhalachandra Pendharkar. At present, she is receiving guidance from Pt. Shankarrao Abhyankar.
Musical Qualification – M. A. in Vocal music from S.N.D.T. University in 1984.
Noted Performances and Achievements – Classical music, Light music, Theatre.
- Numerous classical music performances all over the world.
- Participated in several music festivals, Radio and Television shows and also in some prestigious stage shows such as “Baithakichi Lavni”, “Devgaani” and “Natyasangeetache Shilpakar” produced by NCPA. Mumbai.
- Performed lead roles in plays like “Sanjeevani”, “Mandarmala”, “Subhadra” produced by Bhave Natya Mandir.
- Much acclaimed role of “Rukhmini” in the the play “Swayamvar”, produced by Deval Smarak Mandir.
- Performed in “Baithakichi Lavni” and “Devgani” – programmes of N.C.P.A.
- Rendered her voice for albums “Paalkhichya Sange” & “Abhijat Natyasangeet”, “Aatmanaad”, “Swapnanchya Manaraivar”
- Wrote an yearly column “Niragas” for children in the newspaper “Tarun Bharat” (Mumbai).
- Composed, songs for children, Spiritual songs of Dr. Anirudhha Joshi, and albums “Upasana-Sadhana-Aradhana”, “Chand se Baatein”, “Rashtrabhaktidhara”.
Awards and Accolades –
- Received numerous awards as best singer & best actress for her lead roles in many musical dramas on the Akashwani and Doordarshan.
- Award for the portrayal of Rukmini’s character in “Sangeet Swayamvar” in 1995, and the Natyaparishad award in 1996 for the same.
- “Natyadarpan award” in 1997 for her outstanding work in Natyasangeet.
- The prestigeous “Sangeetkar Ram Kadam Gaurav Puraskar” in 2003-04.
- Award for excellence in the field of music by Sanskar Bharati, Sangli in 2004.
- Receipient of the “Annasaheb Ghatge Award”, named after famous film producer Shri. Annasaheb Ghatge, Sangli in 2009.
- The “Samaj Shakti” award by “Hariharputra Bhajan Samaj”, Mumbai for her excellence in performing arts.
Varsha Bhave believes that in today’s times, there is a need to find innovative ways of making young people aware of and appreciate the rich tradition of arts in India. She believes that Kalangan can play a key role in realizing this vision. By blending Indian music, dance and theatre together, her aim is to bring these performig arts under one roof and form a university that would propogate these arts worldwide.